This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Soccer Saturday

          Halloween will once again be put on hold for a day or two.  I do intend  to get back to the topic of Halloween's effect on the economy unless pitchfork wielding crowds start clamoring at my blog door for me to quit.  Hopefully, I won't hear a peep-- speaking of witch (a halloween-related  grammatical error), Halloween Peeps are on the candy shelves now.  Are there any other Peeps fans out there?  Just Born candy company has a cool website for Marshmallow Peeps for all you Peeps lovers.

           Today's title might make you think I'm doing one of those weekly themes like I was talking about yesterday-- no, I'm just going to watch soccer with some family today.  It's Ecuador vs Uruguay in qualifying rounds for the 2010 World Cup. My wife's family comes from Ecuador.  I should have invited my buddy, musician Sebastian Sidi , over to join us since he's from Uruguay -- should have made for some entertaining banter.  I'm quite sure that Sebastian is out playing music today-- he's one hard-working musician.

          And speaking of soccer, I got a kick out of  the recent posting by my blog buddy Stephen T. McCarthy .  He's offering his version of the suggestion box that works best for him -- a paper shredder. Good ol' Stephen is ever ready to offend in his witty way if you got what it takes to handle it. If you enjoy some intelligent commentary on the state of things in today's wacky society you might want to check his blog.  I read it regularly.  I will also give credit to Stephen for getting me started on this blogging thing.   You can take that anyway you want, but so far I'm having a fine time.

           Keeping it short for today.  Stay tuned for more exciting adventures in Halloweenland!

2 comments:

  1. You always got us peeps at Easter because you always wanted to eat them even though you knew we didn't like them! love you daddy

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, I am not ashamed to admit that I love those marshmallow Peeps. I will probably get some of the Halloween Peeps.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee